• Forums
  • Blogs
  • About Us
  • Newsletter
  • Elite Members Only

Announcement

Collapse

New Threads For This Fourm Will Be Moderated - Please Make Sure The New Thread Is Appropriate For This Forum

Please make sure that you check the most appropriate forum to post your new thread. This is the only forum that requires each thread to be moderated because of past problems with members of the community posting their threads in this forum versus forums that are more relevant to their topic.
See more
See less

Biggest Challenges for Professional service companies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Challenges for Professional service companies

When I saw the January issue of Professional service company Magazine I was thrilled. Cover copy had a teaser on it to the effect that professional service companies had been surveyed and inside were their answers. I was certain that, finally, someone was paying attention to professional service companies who were striving for a successful business. It was time to hear from us little guys!

I can't tell you how surprised I was as I began to read the article. Their idea of a "professional service company" and mine were as different as night and day. I always classified a professional service company as someone like the "Mom and Pop" coffee shop around the corner, the family run produce market in town, or the 18 to 24 year old who had come up with a fantastic "gizmo" and was scooped up into a corporation as their newest genius. Let me give you a quote from the article that will clue you into its idea of a "professional service company".

That definitely was not my picture of a professional service company. I don't know too many professional service companies who average $31.5 million annually, or employ 185 people. To me, that's a pretty successful company on its way to being a corporation. We should all be such professional service companies!
Working...
X