How to Market your iPhone application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Market your iPhone application

Marketing an iPhone application is just like marketing your product or your website the first time it hits the market. The “if you build it, they will come” theory still holds but what you build still has to be found.
    Blog
    Blogging about your application in the many forums and blogs available is a quick way to spread the word about your application to the masses. This is also a great way to get feedback from the users about your product along with listening to suggestions, etc. One important tip though, write something that is useful and informative to the users, don’t blatantly advertise or spam.
    Find your Target audience
    Who did you make the application for? Who were your targeting? What is your demography? Who needs the application?
    Knowing the answers to these questions will help you find the target users who are most likely to download your application. Once you have information on your targets, you can market to these people via via forums, blogs, emails, etc.
    Who is your competition
    Keep an eye on what the competition is doing. It is very important to know what price the competition is selling their app at? Keep a look out for the updates they come out with? Do a bit of research on their marketing strategies. Follow a routine to monitor your competitors app and then take the best ideas and implement them also.
    Are your Social
    Be Social. Get on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, LinkedIn and the many other popular social networking websites. Tweets about your app to everyone, cross link everything across platforms, do social bookmarking, publish your feeds, provide iTunes link to download your app anywhere and everywhere you go. Be a social butterfly and your app will fly.

Re: How to Market your iPhone application

The name can make a big difference in the marketing of any application. The name is directly dependent on how unique is the app the slogan, the logo and the object of the application should be so different as to make them unforgettable.
    Relogio Mondaine

Comment

Internet marketing is a best way to do that, make blogs related to your application have a nice website where can you promote your iphone application. Have join in the social sites like facebook and twitter and make pages their related to your application.
      nintendo ds r4 card

Comment

Currently I am not (yet) Marketing any iPhone applications on any of my Blogs, I do however recently met a friend of mine that was telling enthousiastic about his new iPhone and I did look at my own - Home Business Lifestyle Blog - on it, with it's touch screen I could easily scroll up and down and also could easily enlarge the screen. I must admit that it seems to have a lot of interesting possibilities! It even inspired me to write a post about it on my Blog, you can find it at: http://hpshappyhomebusiness.blogspot...alent-for.html What applications do you think could be interesting to (pre) sell on my Home Business Lifestyle Blog?
        Read more about Graphical Design and Online Marketing at:

http://eds-newsfacts.blogspot.com

Comment

Internet marketing is a best way to do that, make blogs related to your application have a nice website where can you promote your iphone application.

Comment

Well you can try tweetshare for sharing links related to your websites in form of presentations, docs, or video links. For facebook you can create a fan page of your product or your website and also you can try real time search on facebook.

Body Armour | Safeguard Clothing
            Body Armour | Safeguard Clothing

Comment

It is very important to know what price the competition is selling their app at?
              Find here thousand of suppliers, Wholesalers, manufacturers at single place.

Comment

'In short, as you could also read about
                in my previous reply....,'

You could simply create a Blog and write about your experiences you have with the particular app you want to (pre) sell on your blog
                just as I - as you can see for yourself - also (pre) sell iPhones on my - Home Business Lifestyle - Blog.
                Read more about Graphical Design and Online Marketing at:

http://eds-newsfacts.blogspot.com

Comment

Getting your application listed in things like android market or iphone market can be a good way to do it. You can also search for iphone application review sites or blogs and get the owners to review your application - if it is a good one, they will definitely help by producing a good review out of it.
                  OSHAcampus.com

Comment

Working...
                  X