Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone got experience driving online traffic through offline classifieds?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone got experience driving online traffic through offline classifieds?

Hi,

I am considering doing some classified advertising in regional newspapers to try to drive traffic to my online busnesses. Has anyone else tried this? If so, how successful was it.

Cheers
    Neil D

CEO
    Affordable Small Business Website design | French Homewares Sydney| Cool Wallets

Re: Has anyone got experience driving online traffic through offline classifieds?

Yeah i did once. Try Craigslist it is a very good classified.

Comment

Re: Has anyone got experience driving online traffic through offline classifieds?

Craigslist is very good i must say if u get a chance for Craigslist u have to submit Craigslist approval is very difficult
      thanks

Comment

Here are some steps that I do:
        1. find a good ad site - whether free or paid (Google Merchant, ebay, craigslist etc)
        2. check if the ad site has good number of visitors
        3. check if ad site gets crawled
        4. check site's FAQ, rules and guidelines
        5. create a brief and descriptive ad
        6. don't forget contact details
        7. bookmark and share the ad once live
        OSHAcampus.com

Comment

Hi Neil,

Traditional print advertising as a driver for online traffic is very viable. I like to run ads in the local free weekly newspapers that most cities have. One key is to make sure your .com name is very very visible in the Ad.

Also give something away or provide a coupon code to enter into the site and your success rates should go way up.

Industry specific trade publications are another great way for offline print advertising to turn into increased online numbers.

Another great place to advertise is the coupon books that most people love to get.

Direct mail can do wonders as well.

I would try to stay away from strictly text classifieds as color and pictures always allow for more response

If you do get a campaign going please do let us know what you did and how successful it was!

Comment

Working...
          X